My Photo
Name:
Location: Philly `burbs, Pennsylvania, United States

All characterological defenses, fetishes and addictions are life-limiting attempts to fulfill personal strivings for creative heroism in service to the denial of death anxiety. V T Deabler, 2008 c2005-2006 All Rights Reserved

Saturday, August 12, 2006

CHAPTER 12

Vlad Tepes was a troubled man. Captain Broz had gathered much information that needed to be processed. Carrie had born him a son, of that he was sure. Yet she had not seen the need to share this wonderful news with him. Wolfgang Tepes, his son and only heir! And Broz has been aware of the child this past five years.

Vlad felt the anger welling inside him. Broz should have told me! What was he frightened of? What good is this postponement of the inevitable? Surely Broz knows me better than that. Did he think that time would affect my will? That somehow I would accept my son being raised by one of van Helsing`s boot-lickers? Sean Taylor indeed.

And what of Carrie? I can not accept that this was her decision. I`m sure that she would have wanted to tell me of my son`s birth. I`m a reasonable man! I`m sure that the two of us could have come to an understanding. Wolfie could have spent summers with me here in the Carpathians. It must be the work of van Helsing and Taylor! I`m beginning to see how Taylor got his job with Interpol!

Damn the van Helsings! Always meddling. Always manipulating. This one is no different than his grandfather. What a fool I`ve been! For the love of a woman, I gave up immense power. All of the Carpathians were under my boot! I was free to roam the world, take what and whom I wished. And here I sit alone, left with the comfort of possibly being absolved by God. Scant comfort, to live this life.

Walking to the balcony, Vlad looked at the moon rising over Borgo Pass. Once I would be flying to that moon, the world below me subject to my every whim! And here I sit a captive to my soul. The darkness that was Alucard wormed its way to consciousness. No more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home